Welcome to the Dorset and Wilts County U16 (M)
Name Richard Bourne
Telephone 07535 621758
Name Matt Lishman
Name Mike Pope
Name James Kaminski
Name Benji John
Name Tim Watt
Name Rory King
Name Rodney Hudson
Training and match schedule
|4th November 2018||Development Day||Dauntseys School|
|3rd December 2018||Training||Sheborne School||7.00pm start|
|4th January 2019||Training||Sherborne School|
|6th January 2019||D&W vs Berkshire||Trowbridge RFC|
|14th January 2019||Training||Sherborne School TBC|
|20th January 2019||D&W v Cornwall||Away TBC|
|28th January 2019||Training||Sherborne School TBC|
|3rd February 2019||D&W v Somerset||Melksham RFC|
|18th February 2019||Training||Sherborne School TBC|
|24th February 2019||D&W vs Devon||Away TBC|
- The primary aim of the U16 Programme is to provide an environment where player centered development is the key driver, fixtures are not for ‘winning at all cost’.
- The county programme is aimed at being a step above club/school rugby in terms of the development opportunities we provide and the level of competition that the players will get.
- The Core Values of the game are to be at the forefront of all we do.
- At all times the programme will align with the Aims and Objectives of the RFU Player Development Pathway and the Age Grade Player Review.
- To liaise effectively with our Partners i.e. Member Clubs, Bath Rugby Academy Player Development Group (PDG), Schools, CB Referees Society, Sports Therapists and Assessors.
- To provide an opportunity for U16 Age Grade Players to play representative Rugby Union in addition to their Club and School Rugby.
- To help Clubs with Player retention
- To make those taking part better Players, Leaders and People.
- To assist Bath Academy/PDG with their preparations for the Wellington Festival.
- To provide a pathway for the U17, U18, U20s to hopefully play Senior County rugby.
- Our Experienced Coaches have been selected via an independent process
- They are a minimum of Level 2 Qualified and all have other RFU CPD Qualifications too, hold a current DBS, have taken the Concussion Awareness Module and have attended the RFU Approved Safeguarding courses.
- They are being encouraged to attend Bath Academy sessions to ensure they have the most up to date coaching techniques available to them
- They will be adopting the RFU C.A.R.D.S Programme:
Reports and Information