Avonvale RFC – Application for Head Coach
Avonvale RFC having achieved promotion to Level 7 for the 2020/21 season wish to recruit an inspirational coach with the object of securing and advancing our position at that level. The purpose of this document is to outline the role, responsibilities, goals and terms of reference for the position of Head Coach at Avonvale RFC.
To apply for this position please provide a covering letter to the Chairman of Avonvale RFC Mr. Martin Bath outlining why you would be suitable in the role of Head Coach and document your experience and qualifications.
The Head Coach is responsible for the recruitment, development and management of players and coaches at the Club.
• Develop and implement a coordinated coaching programme throughout the Senior sections of the Club, including planning of training sessions on two nominated training sessions per week. This may be reduced to 1 training session per week if agreed with the Club Captain and Chairman. Ensure appropriate coaching staff
• Ensure that all coaching sessions are designed to develop the skills and understanding of the players
• Plan and attend match days with the club’s senior squad, oversee selection and feedback to players, working alongside the coaches and captains.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of coaching sessions and subsequent performance on match days
• Co-ordinating the implementation of the Club’s “agreed playing philosophy” throughout those teams.
• Take the lead for the recruitment and retention of players including the process of evaluating and approval for youth players transitioning into adult rugby
• Report to the Executive Committee on rugby matters and make recommendations on improvements/ initiatives that need to be implemented.
• Set behavioural standards both on and off the pitch in line with the RFU guidelines for respect of officials, players and supporters for all teams and club members, abide by them personally and ensure all others abide by them accordingly. Report any unacceptable behaviour to the Hon. Disciplinary Officer for consideration of further action.
• Liaise with the Club coaches, team manager and team captains on matters such as playing facilities, equipment, playing gear, etc.
• Maintain positive working relationships with the Chairman of Junior Rugby
• Maintain close links with the RFU Constituent Body to ensure appropriate players have the
opportunity for county selection
Skills and Requirements
• Will have achieved at least a Level 2 coaching award
• Will have a current DBS certificate or be prepared to submit an application for disclosure.
• Will have the required rugby knowledge applicable to at least Level 7 playing standards and be able to inspire players to maximize their potential
• Ensure that Avonvale RFC 1st team secures a position at Level 7 which for the current year structure is the Southern Counties League
• Develop a 2nd Team squad to play in the D & W Merit League.
Please submit your covering letter to the Chairman of Avonvale Rugby Football Club Mr. Martin Bath
Email: email@example.com - Mobile: 07831 600314