Dorset and Wilts RFU Inclusion & Diversity Policy
D&WRFU believe that rugby is for all and are committed to providing inclusion for all both on and off the pitch.
We celebrate diversity and encourage
D&WRFU will not discriminate on account of age, gender, marital status, maternity status, disability, race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation or any other reason.
D&WRFU follow the England RFU lead on Inclusion and Diversity, of which can be found here (RFU Policy)
D&WRFU will be working with the RFU on the 4 priorities which have been identified for action across four key areas of the game:
- Fans, Followers and Partners
- Game Play – Players, Coaches, Match Officials.
- Employees and Board
- Game Leadership – Volunteer leaders within Clubs, Constituent Bodies and Council
D&WRFU will encourage its member clubs to follow their lead, with their own commitment to provide inclusion for all within rugby.
DWRFU commits to:
- Build a more inclusive culture across D&WRFU which empowers diversity to flourish in the game, our workforce and within our leadership.
- Not unlawfully discriminate with regards to age, gender, marital status, maternity status, disability, race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation or any other reason.
- Promote a culture within DWRFU and its member clubs to ensure it is inclusive for everyone. This is to be done through training and learning from D&WRFU and RFU
- Challenge unacceptable behaviours including bullying and harassment. Any such complaints will be dealt with fairly and in line with DWRFU policies. (Links to Complaints Policy, Disciplinary Policy)
- Support players, coaches, match officials, volunteers and anyone involved in the game with any grievances.
Individuals and clubs across DWRFU should look to:
- Promote a safe and inclusive space for everyone.
- Challenge any unacceptable behaviour.
- Report discrimination and harassment.
- Celebrate diversity and look to empower all that take part in D&WRFU
- Support physical and mental health and wellbeing for players, referees, volunteers, coaches, and supporters.
Link to RFU and D&W wellbeing advocates
D&WRFU recruitment process.
The D&WRFU recruitment process will be forward thinking and all committees and sub committees will be inclusive and diverse, made up of people from all backgrounds. Candidates will be encouraged from all ages, genders, marital status, maternity status, disability, race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
All applications are to be made via the RFU Volunteer Application and Self-declaration Form which can be located here.
RFU RECOURSES CAN BE FOUND HERE.
Link to RFU Inclusion and Diversity Policy and Tool Kits.