Welcome to the Dorset and Wilts County U16 (M)
Name Lee Murgatroyd
Telephone 07933 200856
Name Matt Sturgess
Name Matt Lepiniere
Name Wendy Ewart
Name Stephen Barber
Name Jeff Allum
Training and match schedule
|3rd November 2019||Trial Day||Canford School|
|1st December 2019||Squad Development Day||Dauntsey's School|
|3rd January 2020||Training||tbc|
|5th January 2020||Hampshire vs D&W||tbc|
|13th January 2020||Training||tbc|
|19th January 2019||D&W vs Cornwall||Trowbridge RFC|
|27th January 2019||Training||tbc|
|2nd February 2019||Somerset vs D&W||tbc|
|17th February 2019||Training||tbc|
|24th February 2019||D&W vs Devon||Trowbridge RFC|
Trial day (3rd November) at Canford School
The nomination process is underway for clubs and schools to nominate players for the upcoming County Trial on the 3rd November at Canford School. Clubs and schools should by now have received information relating to the nomination process, and the forms necessary to complete and return. Clubs and schools are able to nominate up to 2 players who they feel could make the grade of County Rugby. Those players who are in the Bath DPP & PDG are not to be invited by Clubs and Schools, as they are being invited directly by us, which should open the opportunity for those not within the Bath set up to be nominated and have a go at the trial.
The deadline day for nominations is the 27th October. This then gives us a week to plan the day with the correct numbers and gives the coaches an opportunity to plan their sessions with the confirmed number of players attending. Nominations received after the 27th October will unfortunately not be allowed to trial.
If there are any queries, please don't hesitate to give me a shout.
Thank you, and I look forward to seeing those nominated on the 3rd November.
Dorset& Wiltshire u16 Team Manager
- The primary aim of the U16 Programme is to provide an environment where player centered development is the key driver, fixtures are not for ‘winning at all cost’.
- The county programme is aimed at being a step above club/school rugby in terms of the development opportunities we provide and the level of competition that the players will get.
- The Core Values of the game are to be at the forefront of all we do.
- At all times the programme will align with the Aims and Objectives of the RFU Player Development Pathway and the Age Grade Player Review.
- To liaise effectively with our Partners i.e. Member Clubs, Bath Rugby Academy Player Development Group (PDG), Schools, CB Referees Society, Sports Therapists and Assessors.
- To provide an opportunity for U16 Age Grade Players to play representative Rugby Union in addition to their Club and School Rugby.
- To help Clubs with Player retention
- To make those taking part better Players, Leaders and People.
- To assist Bath Academy/PDG with their preparations for the Wellington Festival.
- To provide a pathway for the U17, U18, U20s to hopefully play Senior County rugby.
- Our Experienced Coaches have been selected via an independent process
- They are a minimum of Level 2 Qualified and all have other RFU CPD Qualifications too, hold a current DBS, have taken the Concussion Awareness Module and have attended the RFU Approved Safeguarding courses.
- They are being encouraged to attend Bath Academy sessions to ensure they have the most up to date coaching techniques available to them
- They will be adopting the RFU C.A.R.D.S Programme:
Reports and Information