Welcome to the Dorset and Wilts County U17 (M)
Name Kevin Dobie
Email: please click here
Name: Murray McLeod-Jones
Assistant Coach/ Backs Coach
Name: Marc Ewart
Name: Ben Humphries
Name: Rhianne Groom - Amber Corbett
Name: Jake Krige - Harvey Giles
Training and match schedule
|10th April 2022
|09.45 - 15.30 hrs
|8th May 2022
|vs Berkshire RFU
|Royal Wootton Bassett RFC
|9th May 2022
|15th May 2022
|vs Devon RFU
|16th May 2022
|22nd May 2022
|vs Cornwall RFU
|23rd May 2022
|29th May 2022
|vs Gloustershire RFU
Under 17's Representative Rugby Programme 2022 Season
- The primary aim of the U17 County Programme is to help develop players and provide an environment where player centred learning is the key driver of the team.
- The Core Values of the game are to be at the forefront of all we do. Enjoyment for all involved being top of the list.
- At all times the programme will align with the Aims and Objectives of the RFU Player Development Pathway and the Age Grade Player Review.
- To liaise effectively with our Partners i.e. Member Clubs, Schools, CB Referees Society and Assessors.
- To provide an opportunity for U17 Age Grade Players to play representative Rugby Union in addition to their Club and School Rugby. Also have the best chance to be selected into the U18 South West Division squad and then the England Counties squad.
This 21/22 season we had 11 x U18 players selected to the South West Division Squad. With 7 x selected to play in the 23 player squad.
This was a great result and a great effort from the boys concerned, assisted by the hard work from the coaching team.
We will look to have a very strong U17 squad of about 45-50 players and have some great games.
We will look to play against Cornwall, Berkshire, Gloucestershire, Devon and Somerset with some great game opportunities.
- The CB will continue to run 2 separate squads an Under 17's and an Under 18's squads for 2022 season.
- The CB U17 and U18 squad’s will look to retain c45-50 players who show the right Attitude, Aptitude and Determination. These will be selected by CB Assessors on the U17 and U18 Development days.
- The communication to both squads will be done from social media on Facebook, so hopefully parents are also kept in the loop. Picked players will be asked to join the groups. Parents are fine to request to join and will be asked who their son is for security clarification. The closed groups are as follows :
- Dorset & Wilts U17 Squad 2022
- The CB programme at U17 and U18 is a high quality and vibrant environment which has the respect of all within the CB, this will then lead into the successful CB U20s, which is also benefiting from this new approach and joined up coaching from the coaching teams. It is being run excellently by Head Coach Martyn Peel
For the 22 season there is RFU allocated Development days.
- U17 - 10th April 2022 Development day.
- We are very pleased that this will be held at Marlborough Rugby Club this year.
- This will provide an entry point for Clubs and Schools to nominate players. They will be assessed on the day by D&W selectors, if they are good enough and show the qualities required then will be asked to join the squad.
- The Head Coach role will determine:
- Matchday & Coaching Programme
- Game Plan
- Assessor Objectives- Through discussion and dialogue
- Session Delivery
- Coaches and their Attendance (with the ability to co-opt Qualified Coaches)
- Team Selection
With anticipated squads of 45- 50 players, ensuring all get adequate game time may result in some form of squad rotation system being required.
The New U17 and U18 Team Manager Lee Murgatroyd with assistance from Head Coach Kevin Dobie will try to undertake the following responsibilities:
- Fixtures Administration (See Ops Manuel)
- Budget Control as determined by the CB and agreed Sponsorship
- Assessor Liaison
- Venue Liaison (See Ops Manuel)
- Ensuring adequate Medical Cover as per RFU Guidelines. (See Ops Manuel)
- Safeguarding for Coaches e.g. Concussion Module, DBS and Qualification check with assistance from the CCC (See Ops Manuel)
- Responsibility for CB Equipment & Shirts with Players assistance
- Ensuring all coaches selected for the CB should attend Fixtures and Training in D&W Approved clothing.
- Transport Planning (To minimise cost)
- The fixtures are set / structured by the RFU and are for development purposes but are meaningful fixtures.
- Social Media Facebook Groups will be used. Information will be gathered by the application forms.
- Data will also be collected through the D&W Player Registration and Medical Information forms. So please fill out.
This programme should have the Core Values of the game at its centre and clear objectives, good organisation and good communications are the key to this being a success along with financial support from the RFU, CB and via sponsorship.
- All county players will want to test and challenge themselves to be the best players they can be and we believe this has the foundations to being a successful programme, where the players aims and aspirations can be tested.